Shutters from Banham for Windows and Doors
Ever-popular automated solution for securing your property.
The security shutter range has been developed to provide an aesthetically acceptable answer to the growing need for vandalism and burglary protection for property. Shutters are a reliable option when it comes to the need for security barriers.
A Thermal Imaging exercise carried out by researchers on behalf of the Climate Challenge Fund claim that people living in period properties can dramatically reduce their energy bills by closing their shutters at dusk.
The uniquely neat finish of security shutters, due to the compact aluminium boxes and slim line design offer a tight coiling for a small shutter box. For these reasons Continental Shutters have become a frequent security choice for both commercial and residential properties alike. When fitted, the shutter offers exceptional strength as well as heat and sound insulation, shading, blackout and privacy.
CD 38 (Continental design 38mm slat)
The slim line profile of this extruded aluminium slat is doubled walled added with our high security guide (H40s) gives exceptional strength yet a tight coiling for a small shutter box.
- Strong extruded aluminium curtain profile
- Suitable for higher security applications
- Can be mixed with Punched / Perforated slats when partial vision is required (up to metres in width)
- Shutters can be supplied to a RAL/BS colour at an additional charge
- Available with an insurance approved option tested to Loss Prevention Standard 1175-1 (CD 3801) electric operation only
- Locking is provided automatically from the motor, also added to the CD 3801 a Viro lock is fitted to the bottom bar for added security
Installation / location options and finishes
Shutters can be installed around the reveal, internally or externally, depending on the window / door configuration and client preference. The shutter box, guides and curtain are powder coated in white or brown as standard and other colours at an additional cost. Punched / Perforated laths are available to be mixed to the CD 38 curtain they offer:
- Single wall extruded aluminium slat
- Delivers up to 45% vision (punched) / 17% vision (perforated)
- Polycarbonate glazing option can be added
- Suitable for internal and some external applications
CD 60 (Continental design)
Used for installations that require a larger area to be secured, this shutter has a slightly larger curtain profile at 55mm.
- Available in white / brown and RAL / BS colours
- Spans widths of up to 5 metres
- Double skin extruded aluminium slat
Shutters from Banham are stylish and can be used as part of an interior design plan. You can choose the colour of your shutters and they are frequently used as visually appealing window coverings. Shutters can be used alongside other security measures such as window locks and alarms. Talk to us at Banham to find out which shutters will suit your requirements.