PROTECTING OUR CUSTOMERS AND COLLEAGUES FROM COVID-19
At Banham we take safety as seriously as we do security. We understand that many customers remain concerned about the threat of the Coronavirus pandemic.
That is why we have adapted our operations and put in place new safety measures to ensure we can visit your property safely. To keep you safe, we have:
Issued all our engineers with enhanced Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and hand hygiene and cleaning supplies.
Introduced on-site risk assessments and clear site conduct procedures to ensure we can carry out our visit safely, and not put anyone at unnecessary risk.
Conducted engineer training on the importance of hygiene, social distancing, and the new safety procedures we have implemented. To ensure all our engineers maintain the highest safety standards, they are also required to undertake regular refresher courses.
Made all our staff aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 and have instructed them to stay at home if they or anyone in their household has symptoms.
What we need from our customers
Please inform us ahead of our visit if you or anyone at the property is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or is isolating whilst waiting for test results or on the advice of NHS Track and Trace. In these circumstances we will re-book your appointment at no extra charge.
Let us know if you or anyone at the property is shielding or at particularly high risk. We can attend with your agreement, but as a precaution request that the individual isolates in a room away from our engineer.
To observe social distancing and ensure everyone in the property keeps a two-metre distance from our engineer at all times and where possible keep the area where our engineer is working vacant.
Given the current situation, we will not be requiring a signature from you on completion of the maintenance inspection and you will receive the attendance report as usual by email. To ensure your maintenance inspection report goes to the correct email address please update us if your email address has changed at email@example.com.
For more information about the safety procedures you can expect from Banham please see our Site Conduct and Operational Practice information below.
We look forward to visiting your property and carrying out the routine maintenance of your security system. Please do let us know as soon as possible if this is not convenient and you would like to postpone your visit.
ALARM MAINTENANCE SITE CONDUCT AND OPERATIONAL PRACTICE
Arrival on site
1. Our engineer will arrive on site and inform the customer of their arrival by calling (if phone number is available) or using the bell/door knocker/entry system if unable to contact you by phone.
2. The engineer will display their ID card, and run through a short on-site risk assessment, before entering the property. This will be conducted by phone, or in person at a two-metre distance.
3. On completion of the On-Site Risk Assessment, we request that the customer moves away allowing the engineer to enter the property at a safe distance.
4. Before entering the property, the engineer will ensure that full PPE is worn;
During site visit
5. We request that the customer and any other members of the household observe a two-metre distance from the engineer at all times and avoid the engineers working area.
6. If possible, the customer should wait in an agreed place where the engineer does not need to perform any checks of the system (for example a room without any Banham equipment, or in the garden or other outside area).
7. Should the engineer have any queries or need to speak to the customer during the site visit, he will do at a two-metre distance from the customers.
8. If the customer has any queries during the site visit, we request that this is always done by maintaining a two-metre distance.
9. The engineer has antibacterial wipes and can wipe down the alarm panel, and any other equipment, as necessary.
10. The engineer will remove any of his own waste from site.
Completion of the on-site maintenance inspection
11. The engineer will alert the customer on completion of the maintenance inspection from a distance and that they will be leaving the property.
12. Given the current situation, we will not be requiring the customer to provide a signature on the engineer’s device. We will send a copy of the maintenance inspection report by email to the email on account. Please update your email address by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if this has changed.