The Banham Academy is part of the Banham Group of companies and has been formed to meet the training and development needs of its employees and clients and aims to provide high quality apprenticeships for the Security Systems Sector. We are directly funded by the ESFA for the delivery of apprenticeships.
We are looking to employ an Apprenticeships Manager that is a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a passion for working with education and young people, to help with the general operation of the training academy.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To provide operational support to the Operations Director of Banham Academy
- Manage relationships with employers including having meetings and completing progress reports
- Prepare all learner documentation to meet Ofsted requirements within specified time parameters
- Monitor learner progress to ensure targets are achieved
- Attend industry events to raise the profile of the academy
- Ensure that the delivery team are meeting the agreed teaching and learning standards
- Assist in the delivery of the syllabus
- Quality assurance of processes to provide compliance to regulatory specifications
- Continue and maintain clear and functional record-keeping systems as required while maintaining the integrity of secure filing and archiving systems
- Assist with the smooth running of the training academy by dealing with general enquiries and maintaining shared resources
- Undertake administrative tasks and functions as required including: typing correspondence, photocopying, printing, creating files, incoming/outgoing post, making general telephone and email enquiries
- Be responsible for maintaining stocks of training materials that are required.
- Ensure that training equipment is maintained (e.g. photocopier, telephones, laptops, computers) and liaise with necessary people if repairs or changes are needed
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Liaise with outside agencies such as the Princes Trust
- Data inputting for ILR database on PICS
- Provide Initial Advice and Guidance to all learners, we are Matrix accredited
- Ensure all training personnel are up to date with regards to policies and DBS checks
- Assist with recruitment of future talent by attending careers events
- Assist with providing resources for functional skills
- Book online exams and monitor learner progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to communicate effectively with clients, external contacts
- Can set realistic deadlines and schedule time efficiently, prioritising tasks and resources
- Can identify urgent decisions and is able to take responsibility when action is imperative
- Able to demonstrate a positive attitude to change
- Knowledge of apprenticeship schemes
- Strong organisational skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Can demonstrate proficient diary management
- Must be computer literate
- Experience in an educational background is desired
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion to learn and develop in their role is desired
- Positive 'cando' attitude
- Flexible to new ideas and changes
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team when required.
- Be able to communicate effectively with other colleagues, managers and directors
- Confident and willing to work to a high standard
- Comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to deal with clients and external contacts over the phone and face to face
You may be required to travel throughout the South East of England occasionally, so a driving licence is essential for this position.
To apply for this position please send your CV, Covering Letter and salary expectations to [email protected] stating which position you are applying for. Your Covering Letter must state why you would like to work for Banham and why you think your experience is relevant to the role.