This is an exciting time to develop within a historic family run business where continued growth is key in a unique showroom environment where consultative sales meets technical excellence. Banham clients and customers expect an outstanding experience that our sales teams have delivered since 1926.
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Bench Locksmith for our flagship showroom in Kensington. The candidate will be well presented, a good communicator and be able to produce a high standard of working in cutting keys and making locks in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be able to perform under pressure and have exceptional organisational skills especially with managing customer requirements and stock control.
This Full-Time position covers shifts between Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm and Saturday, 8:30am to 5:00pm, with the showroom closed on a Sunday.
Job Responsibilities and requirements for a Bench Locksmith (including but not limited to):
- Receiving and verifying accuracy of incoming deliveries and stock replenishments
- Ordering, organising and chasing component orders to ensure correct stock levels and job accuracy
- Sorting and putting away stock on racks, shelves, or in bins according to stock procedures.
- Distributing stock, tools, or other items in order to fulfil engineers’ jobs and trade job requests.
- Maintaining accurate inventory records of incoming/ outgoing stock.
- Completing requisition forms to order additional stock and supplies.
- Communicating any order changes/errors to showroom managers
- Ensuring returns and faulty stock are checked and flagged to showroom managers
- Maintaining accurate stock counts, performing visual ‘end of day’ stock checks and addressing errors with management.
- Performing accurate quarterly stock counts as part of the team.
- Responsibility for completion and prompt submission of all related paperwork including health and safety checks and daily task logs
- General bench locksmith work including pinning up locks, cutting keys.
- Maintain a good working environment, ensuring all occupational and health and safety guidelines are met, including lifting and safe storage.
- Flexibility on working location, being prepared to travel to support other showrooms when necessary (to including Earlsfield and Golders Green)
- Excellent customer service & client management skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be proactive, flexible and the drive to continuously improve.
- Good at prioritising tasks
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Be courteous, helpful and professional in whatever circumstance.
- Be confident, thorough and collaborative.
- Keen to learn and be able to adapt to our systems.
- Able to follow rules and procedures and understand the importance of them.
- Comfortable working as part of a team but also at times on your own.
- Ability to follow instructions and health and safety procedures
- Confident and willing to work to a high calibre.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, engineers and managers.
To apply for this position please send your CV, Covering Letter and salary expectations to [email protected] stating which position you are applying for. Your Covering Letter must state why you would like to work for Banham and why you think your experience is relevant to the role.