◀ Fire Extinguishers
Foam Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Class A & B
- Generally applied to fuel fires
- Forms a frothy blanket or seal over the fire, thereby starving the fire of oxygen and cooling the fire through the evaporation of the water content in the foam.
- Unlike powder, foam can be used to progressively extinguish fires without flashback.
- Foam AFFF fire extinguishers (aqueous film forming foam) are the most common type of portable foam extinguisher and can be used on class A & B fires, which includes vapour suppression.
- Case colour is red with a cream band indicating foam.