Protect Your Property as the Clocks Go Back
According to crime statistics, burglary-related theft can increase up to 20% as the clocks go back this week and our days get darker. During the winter months, Banham Security advises home owners to ensure their properties are securely locked and alarmed to prevent burglary-related theft.
The increase in theft activity during the winter months is seen year-on-year with thieves taking advantage of the days becoming darker at an earlier time giving them more opportunities to break into homes.
Banham’s Executive Chairman advises home owners with the following precautions:
‘Banham have been leaders within burglary prevention for over 85 years and are determined to help fight burglary-related related crime levels. Through the following 5 key security measures, home owners can help prevent burglary occurring during the coming winter months:
- Installing the best locks on external doors for your home can help provide the first line of defence for your family and possessions against burglars.
- Ensure your windows are closed and secure! Approximately a third of all burglars gain access through windows.
- Doors with glazed panels are less secure than solid doors, hence the need for a deadlock. Consider replacing ordinary or toughened glass panels with laminated glass or an internal grille to offer greater resistance to attack.
- Key registration systems, such as the one provided by Banham , will provide you with peace of mind knowing that your keys cannot be copied without your consent.
- Statistics prove that you are far less likely to be burgled if your home is equipped with a burglar alarm. You may also be eligible for a reduction in the cost of your home insurance.’