Stay Safe & Secure
Guildford Neighbourhood Watch
The latest Newsletter for Guildford Neighbourhood Watch was released with a handful of security tips, which included 10 Golden rules:
1. Be suspicious of all ‘Too good to be true’ offers and deals. There are no guaranteed get- rich-quick schemes.
2. Do not agree to offers or deals immediately. Insist on time to obtain independent/legal advice before making a decision.
3. Do not hand over money or sign anything until you have checked the credentials of the company or individual.
4. Never send money to anyone you do not know or trust, whether in the UK or abroad, or use methods of payment that you are not comfortable with.
5. Never give banking or personal details to anyone you do not know or trust. This information is valuable so make sure you protect it.
6. Always log on to a website directly rather than clicking on links provided in an email.
7. Do not rely solely on glowing testimonials: find solid independent evidence of a company’s success.
8. Always get independent/legal advice if an offer involves money, time or commitment.If you spot a scam or have been scammed, report it and get help.
9. Contact ActionFraud on 0300 123 2040 or online at www.actionfraud.police.uk Contact the Police if the suspect is known or still in the area.
10. Do not be embarrassed to report a scam. Because the scammers are cunning and clever there is no shame in being deceived. By reporting you will make it more difficult for them to deceive others.
Visit Eastbourne Neighbourhood Watch for more news and info.