Tips for staying safe this Easter 2016
Easter is coming, the sun is now shining and the flowers are in bloom. Our moods get lighter and we start to feel relaxed and ready to enjoy the first Bank Holiday weekend, but let’s not be relaxed when it comes to security.
Here are some little reminders for those going away.
- Before you go keep a record of your valuables left at home. Any items such as wallets, jewellery or passports put in a safe & if you don’t have a safe, lock them away in a less obvious place. Try not to leave any records of bank statements or passwords lying around.
- Cancel any milk or magazine deliveries, ask a friend or neighbour to check your letter box doesn’t have leaflets poking out as this will give burglars a clue that the home is empty.
- Another way to trick chancers from thinking your home is empty, is to keep a light on, to make the property look occupied, see if you can set a timer for the lights to turn on in the evening.
- Close any curtain so potential thieves cannot see what you have on display, such as TV’s or ornaments.
- Check your garden, drive or shed for any tools or items such as screw drivers or broken furniture, robbers may use these kinds of items to assist a break in. Lock away or hide any tools.
- Light up your back garden or drive so it is harder for any burglars to sneak around your property in the dark.
- Do a sweep of the property and check all windows and doors are locked and make sure the keys are out of sight
- Before you leave remember to set your alarm system. We recommend monitored systems with a key holding services are worth investing in.
We hope you have a lovely and safe Bank Holiday…oh and don’t forget to water the plants!
If you are looking for a reliable Keyholding company to check your property and answer any alarm triggers whilst you are away, CMS Keyholding can help. They can even water your plants and feed your cats. For more details, contact CMS Keyholding on 020 7627 0344