Gun Cabinets from Banham Security
All gun cabinets installed by Banham meet with strict Home Office requirements
- Strong 2mm thick fully welded steel construction (including welded top)
- Full length anti-jemmy bar
- Full length anti-lever flange and door interlock
- Recessed door with multiple folds on door and door housing
- High density foam divider and floor mat
- Grey textured powder coat finish
- 14mm fixing holes in back and base
- Superior strength 7 lever safe deadlocks
- Extra door reinforcement
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GUN CABINETS
- Home Office guidance on gun security can be obtained from the local Police or the Firearms Section, UPPU, Home Office, 50 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9AT.
- Gun cabinets must be fixed to a brick or concrete wall using a minimum of 4 x 10mm expanding masonry (rawl) bolts.
- They must be out of sight of casual visitors preferably in a room without direct access (i.e. door or window) to the exterior.
- They should not be sited in a garage or external building.
- They should not be marked to show their contents or key numbers.
- Avoid locating them near central heating ducts or chimney stacks as materials, particularly ammunition can be affected by heat or fire.
- Ammunition must be stored in a separate locked compartment.
- For advice on storage of smokeless or black powder (muzzle loading guns) consult an explosives officer.
Guns must be securely locked away at all times. You can rely on Banham to provide gun cabinets that offer the secure, safe storage you require for your guns.
Guns can be used by burglars or other criminals when they are attempting to carry out a crime so keep your guns securely locked away at all times. Your gun cabinets should be kept out of view too, so fix them to a wall away from windows. It is important you also keep your guns locked away when children are around and keep your gun cabinets out of the view of children if possible.