◀ Fire Extinguishers
Powder Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Class A, B, C, & Electrical
- Powder based fire extinguishers separate the four parts of the “fire tetrahedron”.
- Prevents the chemical reaction between heat, fuel and oxygen and halts the production of fire sustaining "free-radicals"
- Known as an "ABC" dry chemical fire extinguisher
- Class A rating from the agent's ability to melt and flow at 177 °C (350 °F) thereby smothering the fire.
- Should be occasionally shaken to help prevent the powder from settling.
- Case colour is red with a blue band indicating powder.