Keep your Home Safe from Burglars this Christmas
With the Christmas period recognised as a time for giving and receiving, the Banham Group would like to spread some festive tips that could help keep your home safe from intruders.
Have a read over these useful security measures and make use of our ‘Book a free survey’ option by contacting us on 020 7622 5151.
- Lock away all tools and garden furniture that may facilitate a break in
- Be sure to remove signs of Christmas shopping e.g. packaging, wrapping etc.
- To protect against forced entry ensure locks are industry tested and meet insurance standards as a minimum
- Window locks should be fitted on all windows so book a free survey and secure any vulnerable openings
- Don’t advertise through social media sites or through a voicemail message that you will be away for Christmas
- Fit a mortice lock to your front door and other external doors. Correct door locks should meet the standards of the insurance industry
- Property and purchased gifts can be registered on Immobilise.com as stolen gifts can be detected and returned to the rightful owner
- Reinforcing strips are simple and affordable strips of metal that can easily be fitted over door frames and provide additional reinforcement for your door locks
- Set and test your intruder alarm regularly to make sure it is in correct working order
- Phones, money and keys are popular items for burglars so keep them out of plain sight. Digital safes are handy for swift locking-up of personal belongings
For more advice on security products and services this Christmas feel free to visit our showrooms in Central London, North London, Thames Valley, South of England and South Coast where our experienced staff will be more than willing to assist you.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas.